Transformation and Partnerships
The aim of Transformation and Partnerships is to provide strategic leadership and corporate guidance to the council in its delivery of services, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness and a 'one organisation' approach.
Transformation and Partnerships covers:
- Strategy (policy, planning, performance management, research, equalities and scrutiny)
- Communications and information management (press office, corporate websites and social media, public relations, information management, civil contingencies and executive support)
- Partnerships and Community Engagement (engagement and training, County Durham Partnership, Area Action Partnerships)
- Transformation (‘inspire’ transformation programme, new ways of working, office accommodation programme including our new HQ).
Transformation and Partnerships helps provide us with:
- a clear mandate to challenge practice and promote continuous improvement across the council
- a function which has capacity to support service improvement, innovation and partnership development
- strong links between functions to take an overview of cross cutting issues
- the ability to co-ordinate a strategic approach across all services and provide advice and support.
Transformation and Partnerships leads on:
- our corporate transformation programme
- specific cross-service projects and programmes
- training and guidance to the council on project and programme management
- corporate programme/project management methodology
- our corporate projects register.
The Director of Transformation and Partnerships is Lorraine O'Donnell.