Children and Young People’s Services
Children and Young People's Services bring together a number of functions to help support children, young people and families in County Durham.
To deliver these services, there are four service areas within Children and Young People's Services:
- protect vulnerable people from harm as part of our statutory duty, working with local safeguarding and social care services
- work with schools and partner organisations to ensure that children and young people are supported to achieve, attain and be prepared for adulthood
- ensure that a range of activities are available across the county for children and young people and we help them make positive and healthy choices
- support a range of intervention and prevention services to improve outcomes for families, to make sure that the needs of children, young people and their families are met
- work with the police and other partners to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour
Children and Young People’s Services is a relatively new service grouping established last year when the council restructured its senior management team. A report on the new senior management structure was considered by full Council on 16 May 2016.